Under the direction of the HR Manager, this position coordinates and executes recruitment activities both internally and externally for open positions and assists in the interview process. Develop and maintain processes for effective job performance objectives and reviews. Comply with employment laws and Company Policy.
- Performs searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, employee referrals.
- Responsible for screening of applicants, interview scheduling, assist the hiring manager in the interview of applicants, processing offer packages, coordinate drug screens, and new hire orientation.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate documentation on all applicants and other recruiting activities.
- Maintains knowledge of wage and hour laws and other laws and regulations relating to compensation, employment, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and Affirmative Action.
- In conjunction with department heads, coordinates position description preparation and maintenance to accurately describe position content.
- Assists in the evaluation of positions to establish appropriate classification and salary grade.
- Coordinates background checks, pre-employment tests, reference checks, and other hiring processes as needed.
- Collaborates with other departments for training and/or development needs and monitors the Company’s educational reimbursement program.
- Advises managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- Advises managers in personnel matters and consult concerning staffing needs including conducting stay interviews, exit interviews, and escalating any problematic trends to the HRBP to investigate further in order to maintain a positive employee experience.
- Researches, develops and implements best practice planning processes, tools and resources that will provide robust workforce plans. Help to design and implement workforce planning initiatives specific to particular lines of business in coordination with other HR functional areas.
- Researches and analyses workforce issues and trends in order to identify and recommend best-in-class talent management strategies and solutions.
- Delivers and assists in the development of leadership training needs and content. Facilitates learning and development curriculum either onsite and personally or in partnership with external provider.
- Assists and collaborates with the implementation of corporate-wide programs that consider broader human capital practices and organizational needs.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Performs any and all other duties and responsibilities of a similar nature and character to those above.
- Works in accordance with the documented environmental procedures, instructions, and specific responsibilities as defined in individual procedures and instructions. Reports problems or deviations associated with environmental issues and the Environmental Management System (EMS) to the Environmental Department.
REQUIRED OR PREFERRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- AS Degree in Business Management required, BA Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a Human Resources Department or similar environment.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, adult learning principles, facilitation skills, and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Position requires a valid Maine driver’s license.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical and mental demands for this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform in this position. Some driving is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is primarily sedentary, with standing, walking and driving.
- Position requires significant reading, writing, and speaking.
- Position requires a significant amount of time using a personal computer.
- Some travel to company field locations or other meeting sites is required.
- Irregular hours may be required.
- Emera Maine is a tobacco free and fragrance free workplace.
- Team orientations with a reputation for complete honesty and integrity.
- Minimal tolerance for bureaucracies and a sense of urgency for action.
- Positive outlook and attitude as well as the ability to positively communicate policies to employees.
- Ability to shift between job tasks and priorities.
- Able to be effective in multi-cultural work environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
Usual work hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Working between 40-50 hours is experienced. Off-hour monitoring of emergencies is anticipated.
RATE OF PAY:
Salary Level is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Emera Maine is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/All Other Protected Class.
Location/Region: Bangor, ME (04401)