New Mexico State University Alamogordo seeking
Division Head, Arts & Sciences (full-time, 12 month, tenure track)
Apply through university job portal/
NMSUA is an EEO/AA employer.
Division Head, Arts & Sciences
New Mexico State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, NMSU does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, retaliation, serious medical condition, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, spousal affiliation or protected veteran status in its program or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Executive Director, Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator, Office of Institutional Equity, P.O. Box 30001, E. 1130 University Avenue, Las Cruces, NM 88003; 575.646.3635; 575.646.7802 (TTY) email@example.com.
NMSU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate form or to request an accommodation, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity, O’Loughlin House, 1130 E. University Avenue, Las Cruces, NM 88003; 575.646.3635; 575.646.7802 (TTY) firstname.lastname@example.org. (8/2017 version)
|Position Job Title||Division Head, Arts & Sciences|
|Rank||Associate Professor, Professor|
|Tenure Status||Tenure Track|
Division Head and Faculty member (Associate or Full Professor) 12-month position in the Arts and Sciences Division at NMSU Alamogordo (teaching expertise must be in a subject area taught at the institution within the Arts and Sciences Division).
Successful candidate will:
• Serve as the leader and administrator of the division and its programs.
• Advise the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA) on academic matters.
• Teach 3-credits per year in area of expertise (may be released with VPAA approval).
• Facilitate and monitor development of class schedules.
• Supervise and provide mentorship for assigned faculty and staff.
• Make recommendations regarding promotion, tenure, and retention.
• Represent the division and/or college to appropriate community and professional organizations.
• Coordinate with all appropriate areas within the college to insure high quality instruction, programming and advising.
• Insure compliance with college, university, and state policies and procedures.
• Develop budget requests, allocate resources, and control expenditures of assigned budgets.
• Collaborate with appropriate internal and external entities to seek and/or manage external funding sources.
• Develop and facilitate new and/or enhanced programming proposals.
• Facilitate the evaluation of program effectiveness.
• Monitor the assessment of programs through the program review process and specialized accreditations.
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Participate in committee assignments.
• Participate in community service activities.
• Collaborate with NMSU-A departments and with appropriate external agencies and organizations.
• Implement and monitor appropriate institutional and statewide policies and procedures.
• Facilitate the maintenance of required records and the preparation of division reports.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree or higher in a field(s) that is tenurable at the institution.
Minimum of 5-years full-time post-secondary teaching experience.
Minimum of 3-years of administrative experience in post-secondary academic unit, such as academic program, department, division or college.
Experience with learning management systems (LMS).
Experience in working with the community.
Experience with student learning assessment and program assessment.
Experience managing institutional, division, and/or department budgets.
Ability to work effectively with faculty and administration.
|Preferred Qualifications (optional)|
Understanding of the community college mission and philosophy.
Ability to teach to a diverse student body.
Teaching experience in online education.
|Special Requirements of the Position|
Successful candidates must have a philosophy which supports the goal of success for all students through hands-on learning experiences and strong faculty involvement. Finalists will be asked to document teaching effectiveness with relevant material and will be asked to present a teaching demonstration or a leadership seminar.