PURPOSE: The Nurse Practitioner works closely with the physician to provide quality patient care. The Nurse Practitioner traditionally works under the supervision of a physician as a dependent practitioner and is capable of doing 80-85% of the services rendered by a physician and sees patients in routine status checks, office consults, re-evaluations, hospital consults and discharge summaries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Obtain history and physical
- Family counseling
- Record pertinent data on patient charts for signature by M.D.
- Facilitate supervising physician referral of patients to the appropriate health care facilities, agencies, or other resources of the community or other physicians
- Dictate progress notes, history and physical, and discharge summaries
- Administer and or order medication upon request of supervising physician
- Initiate emergency resuscitation and stabilization measures on any patient requiring such
- Perform chart audits
- Provide in-service and daily consultation to nursing staff
- Initiate consultation and monitor patients for special tests
- Counsel patients as to preventive care
- Other general duties performed in a general practice s outlined in F.S. Chapter 458.347
- Share on –call responsibilities with a supervising physician on back-up
- Answering physician patient calls
- All other specific tasks delegated by supervising physician in accordance to the physician assistant’s knowledge and experience developed under the supervising physician in the field of radiation oncology (under guidelines of Chapter 458.347)
Specific Tasks for Hospitals:
- Make daily rounds on patients to include: writing notes; orders and schedules tests; planning discharge; and communicating with families, patients and other health care providers.
- Dictate discharge summaries.
- Assess patients referred for consultation and coordinate their care.
- Assist physicians in special procedures when other responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Holds a current license and is in good standing
- Maintains certification in accordance with Department of Regulations
- Able to perform health care tasks in radiation oncology delegated by supervising physician efficiently and effectively consistent with patient’s health and welfare
- Able to obtain and sustain clinical hospital privileges
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel distances within the surrounding community
- Good diagnostic capabilities
- Maintain privileges at hospitals/institutions as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an approved program or its equivalent
- Meets the standards set by the Board of Medicine
- Experience in clinical setting preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and group situations with patients, physicians, employees and other customers of the organization
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information
About this company
Over 30 years of experience
21st Century Oncology is the premier provider of cancer care services across multiple modalities, the largest radiation oncology provider and one of the largest groups of urologists in the U.S. For more than 30 years, 21st Century Oncology has been committed to providing state-of-the-art, academic quality radiation therapy and other cancer treatments in a patient-centric setting focused on continuous innovation.
Convenient treatment locations
Headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida, the physician-led company operates 179 treatment centers, including 143 centers located in 17 U.S. states. The Company also operates 36 centers located in seven countries in Latin America.
A focus on integrated cancer care
21st Century Oncology employs or is affiliated with over 947 physicians globally, including radiation oncologists and other cancer-related specialists such as urologists, medical oncologists, hematologists, gynecologic oncologists, surgeons and pathologists—working together to deliver the most advanced integrated cancer care.
Location/Region: Sarasota, FL