Responsible for daily communications with insurance companies and patients regarding delinquent accounts. Resolving any issues/problems with the patients and or insurance companies to ensure maximum payment in a timely manner. Review and handle all correspondence from insurance companies and patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Calling insurance companies regarding delinquent balances and completing the necessary steps to resolve the problem
- Filing appeals with insurance companies
- Posting appropriate non-payment from insurance companies
- Research and resolve inappropriate non-payments from insurance companies
- Research and resolve refund requests
- Answer patient questions regarding their balance
- Document all communications with patients and insurance companies
- Review patient balances to determine appropriate step in the collections process
- Communicating with collection agency on new and previously placed accounts
- Review bankruptcies and file/adjust accordingly
- Review deceased patients for probate and file/adjust accordingly
- High school graduate, Associate degree in business or accounting preferred
- 2 years healthcare patient accounting/billing experience
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and accounts receivable
- General knowledge of procedure and diagnosis coding
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information
About this company
Over 30 years of experience
21st Century Oncology is the premier provider of cancer care services across multiple modalities, the largest radiation oncology provider and one of the largest groups of urologists in the U.S. For more than 30 years, 21st Century Oncology has been committed to providing state-of-the-art, academic quality radiation therapy and other cancer treatments in a patient-centric setting focused on continuous innovation.
Convenient treatment locations
Headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida, the physician-led company operates 179 treatment centers, including 143 centers located in 17 U.S. states. The Company also operates 36 centers located in seven countries in Latin America.
A focus on integrated cancer care
21st Century Oncology employs or is affiliated with over 947 physicians globally, including radiation oncologists and other cancer-related specialists such as urologists, medical oncologists, hematologists, gynecologic oncologists, surgeons and pathologists—working together to deliver the most advanced integrated cancer care.
Location/Region: Sarasota, FL