The Licensed Practical Nurse/Medical Assistant is a specifically trained individual who demonstrates expertise in dealing with urology patients during all aspects of care. Performs clinical duties under the direction of the Physician or Physician’s designee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the guidance of the Urologist, responsibilities are as follows:
- Assists the doctor in all aspects of the patient’s initial consultation,Accurately documenting and updating information into patient electronic medical records: Past medical history, surgical history, medication list, including dosages. Verifying and/or updating allergies.
- Routine follow-up examinations
- Assisting with office procedures: Cystoscopies, Prostate ultrasounds, vasectomies, Testopel and any other procedures ordered by the physician.
- Giving injections as ordered by physician.
- Any emergency visits that are needed
- Draws blood if appropriate for our office according to company guidelines. Proper documentation and disposition of specimens.
- Performing Urine dipstick testing per company protocols and entering accurate results into patient’s medical records.
- Performing daily Quality Control testing per company protocols.
- Maintaining Glutaraldehyde and the corresponding logs per company/OSHA guidelines
- Maintaining refrigerator temperature daily log.
- Attend annual OSHA/Biomedical update meetings. Practice safety precautions and wear personal protective equipment when needed.
- Responsible for charting patient’s vital signs, height and weight at every visit.
- Perform or assist with catheterization of patients as directed by physician
- Obtaining consent for all procedures done in the office: Vasectomy, Prostate Ultrasounds and biopsies, cystoscopies etc.
- Responsible for reporting or verifying all patient problems as reported to appropriate Urologist.
- Monitoring requisition forms to verify results have been received.
- Monitoring expiration dates of samples and supplies.
- Dating any open bottles.
- Proper use and disposition of sharps containers and biohazard bags.
- Proper use, maintenance and cleaning of equipment including: cystoscope, prostate ultrasound and probe, Van Buren Sounds etc.
- Sterilizing instruments and pessaries. Maintenance of autoclave and documentation of maintenance.
- Notifies appropriate staff when supplies are needed or equipment malfunctions.
- Stocking all patient rooms and the lab area daily.
- Cleaning and maintaining all patient exam rooms daily, with terminal cleaning done quarterly as scheduled by supervisor.
- Maintain HIPAA rules and regulations as it applies to patient privacy.
- Maintain open communication with front desk, Nursing staff, etc. as it applies.
- Demonstrate courtesy and respect at all times
- Work closely with Chart Prep department to maintain quality of care.
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Maintain professional demeanor in stressful situations
- Maintains attendance according to scheduled days and hours and uniform and appearance standards, according to company policy.
- Attends mandatory company training sessions as required by state/federal law where applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current License in State of Florida
- Urology experience preferred
- 1-3 years proven experience in related field
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent attention to detail, good oral and written communications skills
- Must work well with multiple tasks and changing priorities
About this company
Over 30 years of experience
21st Century Oncology is the premier provider of cancer care services across multiple modalities, the largest radiation oncology provider and one of the largest groups of urologists in the U.S. For more than 30 years, 21st Century Oncology has been committed to providing state-of-the-art, academic quality radiation therapy and other cancer treatments in a patient-centric setting focused on continuous innovation.
Convenient treatment locations
Headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida, the physician-led company operates 179 treatment centers, including 143 centers located in 17 U.S. states. The Company also operates 36 centers located in seven countries in Latin America.
A focus on integrated cancer care
21st Century Oncology employs or is affiliated with over 947 physicians globally, including radiation oncologists and other cancer-related specialists such as urologists, medical oncologists, hematologists, gynecologic oncologists, surgeons and pathologists—working together to deliver the most advanced integrated cancer care.
Location/Region: Sarasota, FL